Every golfer knows that suitable golf gloves improve their performance in the course. They provide comfort during those long rounds of golf and ensure their grip and swing are on point.
Golf glove companies manufacture premium golf gloves from Cabretta leather. Cabretta leather is a remarkable soft leather that comes from a sheep that grows hair. They are very durable and provide an incredible feel, and allows golfers to have total control of their golf clubs.
The glove prices depend on glove quality, and single premium gloves can cost as much as $30.
Finding the right glove that reduces hand fatigue and grip pressure while helping golfers make more accurate swings can be challenging.
Here is a review of the top five premium golfing glove brands.
1. G-fore Colourful Glove
- It is the softest, most buttery gloves designed from fine AA Cabretta leather.
- Durable due to the fine AA Cabretta leather material
- Natural feel and a comfortable fit
- It comes in an assortment of colours
- Performs poorly in wet conditions
- Quite expensive
This is the only glove of its kind that you can customize through the G/FORE website. The price range starts at $35.00 up to $40.00.
2. Titleist Players Golf Glove
The Titleist Players is a more traditional leather golf glove. It is thinner and breathable, making it suitable for golfers with sweaty hands. The glove cost anything from $23.00 to $25.
- It is extremely comfortable
- It has a good grip in wet conditions
- It has a very precise grip
- Comfortable with high-quality leather material
- It has a more customized fit that may not suit every hand shape or size.
- This is one of the more expensive types.
- The soft and flexible leather wears out faster than less refined materials.
3. FootJoy Pure Touch Glove
- Provides excellent comfort and grip
- High-quality Cabretta leather is soft but also has the right thickness, which makes it durable.
- Provides excellent fit as it aligns to the contours of the hand and fingers
- More expensive due to the luxurious leather
- The expensive leather wears off faster than lower grade materials
These gloves go above and beyond to provide you with the most comfortable leather construction. Check out the price ranges which vary from $17 to $50.
4. Callaway OptiColor Leather Glove
- It offers a great fit due to the Opti Feel+ leather with a precise thickness that matches comfort and grip.
- Reasonably priced
- The Callaway OptiColor Leather Glove is available in a wide variety of colours.
- The leather is less soft and grippy, unlike other high-end models
- Not available in traditional white colour
The Callaway Opticolor glove emerges as one of the best at matching comfort, performance, and value. It's also in the same price range of $20 to $50 a pair.
5. Kepel Golf Gloves
This is a recently launched brand, and it recently completed its Kickstarter campaign and quickly sold out of its first shipment of gloves. These gloves are premium in both construction and design to exalt each golfer’s unique style. When it comes to golf gloves, Kepel gives golfers the quality and precision that their hands need. They cost anything from $30 to $40 and feature all kinds of designs for all sexes.
- It comes in bold and eclectic designs
- It uses Cabretta leather for a soft yet durable glove
- Perfect for both hot and wet conditions for golfers with sweaty hands
- High accuracy stitching and handmade endings to ensure better quality
- The high-quality leather material allows for a firmer grip
Golf is a game of grace, precision, and concentration. The slightest lapse in a golfer's focus or calmness can make a major difference between an average and a great round. A proper golf glove can enhance their performance, reduce hand friction, and prevent blisters with a quality brand of golfing gloves such as Kepel Golf Gloves.
As seen on: